New Poem About Self-Preservation
21 Ways To Stick Around
- Save up to buy the land just outside of where your world ends just in case you decide to expand.
- Practice not being OK by treating each time as practice.
- Practice regularly dealing with bullshit while working on important things.
- Accept that there are different instantiations of the person you want to be to increase the odds of keeping yourself together.
- Declutter with vulnerability.
- Invest in ignorance by acknowledging its presence in the things you take for granted.
- Integrate absolution into your bedtime routine.
- Forgive yourself for not saying the right thing because the attitude of fuck it is a flowering endeavor.
- Find yourself through a buoy at sea.
- Find an activity that engulfs you from darkness.
- Tell people about the things you love without letting yourself love them any less no matter what they say.
- Defy your anxieties by making a home for the doom this brings forth.
- Imagine yourself Sisyphus finding the work too interesting.
- Exfoliate by letting what you’re feeling rip your face off.
- Get flair from the knowledge that you don’t have to stay.
- As an empty vessel you may fill as you choose, you can change your mind about anything.
- Talk to yourself like nobody loves you more than you.
- Become familiar with the edge of your nerve so mistakes can propel you forward.
- Test your beliefs until they’re closer to a space than a feeling.
- Stew in discomfort until it presents itself to you as more life.
- Consider why you might already be the shit.